Tuesday, November 25, 2008

GOOD CONFERENCE. Hightlights included both of the Early Jewish and Christian Mysticism Group meetings, the memorial session for John Strugnell, and the Pseudepigrapha Group session on Problematizing "Pseudepigrapha." I've made some notes on the last, which amount almost to a paper proposal for next year. I may get around to posting some thoughts, but not right now.

UPDATE (1:14 pm and bits thereafter): No, not yet. I've got a cold starting up and am not feeling too energetic.

My paper presentation went well. People seemed to find it informative, they laughed in (mostly) the right places, and I even managed to slip in a Terminator joke. (It's not in the written version, but if you know the mythos you can probably guess where.)

My flight leaves this evening and I'm in the hotel lobby at the moment. I may or may not be able to blog (or feel like blogging) later at the airport. If not, look for me (briefly) Wednesday evening in St. Andrews. On Thanksgiving I will be involved in our fall graduation ceremonies, receptions, etc. from the morning until late in the evening, so you may not hear much from me.

Safe trip home to all SBL travelers.