Tuesday, February 08, 2005

QUMRANICA, my new weblog, is now officially up and running. I've just made my first post to it and I'll posting a lecture summary on it late this afternoon (GMT).

PaleoJudaica is an open-ended blog on which I post information on anything I find that has to do, more or less, with ancient Judaism, along with my own musings. Qumranica, however, is built around an undergraduate course on the Dead Sea Scrolls which I am currently teaching here at the University of St. Andrews. Qumranica is to function, first, as a kind of bulletin board for the course, noting when lecture summaries and abstracts of student papers are posted to the course website and providing space for my summaries of our seminars and perhaps sometimes also for student reflections and comments e-mailed by outside readers. Second, I will note on the blog any interesting media items pertaining to the Dead Sea Scrolls which I find online. And, third, I will sometimes use Qumranica to note interesting websites having to do with the Scrolls.

Qumranica will run until sometime in May. I haven't decided yet on the exact closing date. Meanwhile PaleoJudaica will continue as usual, although anything Qumran-related will generally go to Qumranica.

Do go and have a look.

UPDATE: Bad link fixed. Thanks to David Meadows for pointing it out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment