Tuesday, September 06, 2011

New course materials in the PaleoJudeo-Blogosphere

NEW COURSE MATERIALS IN THE PALEOJUDEO-BLOGOSPHERE:

First, Rebecca Lesses is teaching her course on Jewish Folk Religion: Magic and Ritual Power at Ithaca College. She has posted the course syllabus at Mystical Politics (follow the link) and also some online resources for the study of Jewish magic.

Second, Simon Holloway is teaching "A Comprehensive Introduction to the Rabbinic Literature" at North Shore Temple Emanuel and has posted a useful-looking handout on Tractates of the Mishna at Davar Akher.

Both courses look very interesting and I wish I could sit in on them.

By the way, did I mention that I'm on research leave this whole academic year? Just saying.

UPDATE (7 September): I had Simon Holloway's teaching location wrong. Now corrected.