Saturday, January 17, 2004

ARAMAIC (?) PUZZLE:

Someone has e-mailed me requesting help with a puzzle from the annual MIT Mystery Hunt, which is taking place right now. "The Lame Puzzle" is about an inscription that evidently is supposed to be in Aramaic. The puzzle reads:

"Here may be found the last words..." He reads the inscription on
the wall. "Oh forget it," says Randall. "More pointless garbage singing the praises of our ex-employer. It sticks in my throat, it does."


The inscription can be found here. I've already made some suggestions to my correspondent, but I won't repeat them here. If you have any ideas about what to make of the inscription and the clue, please e-mail me with them and I will pass them on. The objective of the competition is, by solving numerous puzzles, to find a coin hidden somewhere on the MIT campus. The only prize is the right to organize the hunt next year. Once this year's hunt is over, I'll post the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment